Assistant Pastry Chef
A vacancy for the position of Assistant Pastry Chef has arisen within Dolmen Hotel Resort & Spa.
Reporting to the Duty Pastry Chef and Senior Chefs, the selected candidate will be involved in the day to day preparation of desserts as well as decorating and baking goods according to existing menus and daily business.
Other duties include:
- Maintaining daily orders and requisitions, aware of Food Cost limits and reducing wastage.
- Maintaining expected levels of standards and quality of service.
- Preparing foods towards brasserie menus, plated functions, weddings and serving on buffets.
- Keeping the kitchen and work areas clean and organized. Required experience and skills:
- Previous experience in a pastry kitchen of a four or five star hotel. - A certification from ITS on Food Preparation & Production or equivalent.
- A valid food handling certification from a recognized institution.
- An understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace and HAACP measures used throughout the Kitchen and Pastry
- Attention to detail and good personal standards
- A good knowledge and idea of up to date fashions and trends of pastry services within hotels and restaurants
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in Maltese and English.